Saturday, May 4, 2013

Preparing for the Chaos

So you've probably heard by now that we're moving again.  While this is definitely "not my first rodeo," it's my first time to move with children old enough to know what's going on and to have an opinion.  (Number one request: they wanted upstairs rooms.  Check!  Of course, they also wanted their parents' room to be downstairs, but that didn't happen.)

For the most part, I expect this move will proceed as usual, with all of the inevitable chaos and general feelings of bewilderment.  But I'm doing something this time that I hope will help.  For the past couple of weeks, I've been trying to double up on recipes whenever possible to stock my freezer for the last 10 days or so before we move.  I'm hoping this will help my sanity along with our stomachs and checkbooks.

Moving into a previous house.
I know you all envy me for this craziness...  Ha!

Here are a few things I've got so far:
Tortilla Soup (crock pot - no link, but I can post the recipe if anyone is interested)
Cream Cheese Chicken Chili (crock pot)
Brown Sugar Chicken (crock pot) - scroll down and look under Favorites in this link
Pizza Soup (crock pot) - same link as above, recipe also under Favorites
French Chicken (crock pot)
Chicken Macaroni Bake - I would suggest adding some frozen veggies
Chicken Spaghetti
Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups

In case you haven't guessed, I love my crock pot.  It is especially wonderful during very hectic times.  Here are a few more crock pot recipes I'll probably add to the menus for the next few weeks (not currently in my freezer, but super-easy to put together in the morning):
Sweet and Tangy Meatballs (serve with rice and a veggie or salad)
Crockpot Chicken & Stuffing (David isn't a huge fan of Stove Top Stuffing, but he likes this.)

What are your go-to meals during crazy times?




This post may be linked up to one or more of the following blog parties.  Check them out! Monday: Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie Wednesday: Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family Friday: 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, Company Girl Coffee at Home Sanctuary, Pieces of Amy Other days: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

2 comments:

  1. I love my crock pot too! Thanks for the recipes! Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. gta 5 apk
    aon blog girl? no she is a very famous blogger herself..

    :)

    thanks for the award charmed...

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin