Wednesday, May 27, 2009

A Small Success

Today I finally made a small bit of headway in decluttering my bedroom. Here is the before picture:


And here is what it looked like after I finished:


Ahh, much better. In addition to finally being able to see the top of the desk (and dusting for the first time in a really long time), our new printer can sit on top of the desk. We had to trip over the old (larger) one that sat on the floor in front of the tower.

There's still much work to be done in this room, but it's a start.

I'm afraid this success came after much consternation. Megan had awoken very early from her nap and was refusing to be happy in her Pack-n-Play that I had moved back to this room. I didn't understand why she couldn't be happy surrounded by toys and in the same room with me. She only seemed happy while I was holding her. Didn't she realize I had lots of work that needed to be done? I love to hold Megan, but it's not good for either of us to do it all day long. After much frustration, temper-tantrums on both our parts, and me questioning why God had chosen to make me a mother since I clearly had no idea what I was doing, I decided to try putting her in the floor and letting her wander a bit amongst the mess. Well, all she wanted was a little freedom. She happily played with bubble wrap and chewed on a cardboard box, and I was able to finally clear off the desk and reroute several cords. When she went down for another nap about an hour later, we were both much happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin