Sunday, July 5, 2009

Short Update

Sorry I haven't written in a while. I've been waiting for our housing situation in Fort Smith to be finalized so that I can write all about how that has developed, but we haven't yet signed a contract, so I'm hesitant to send it out into blogland beforehand. Know what I mean?


Anyway, in the meantime, the U-Haul has been reserved (yay!), and we've gotten rid of some more stuff. Here's a picture from when we arrived at our storage room on Saturday morning.

That's my super-hunky husband sitting there in the rocking chair. Isn't he cute? That man can "sho nuff" pack a moving truck. I'm hoping he'll write a guest post for me later on. He can give you the scoop on the pros and cons of the various rental companies, the proper placement of boxes and furniture in the truck, etc. Remember that for all 10 moves (so far), we've moved ourselves. Twice, we've hired some people just to help with the loading. A few other times, some friends helped to load. More times than not, it was just the two of us! (Hey, don't laugh! I'm stronger than I look!)

Well, we got rid of a bunch of stuff, but somehow we didn't make a picture of the trash before it went into the dumpster, so you'll just have to use your imagination. Hopefully, we'll have a chance to do some more decluttering before we load up in a few weeks. If so, I'll try harder to get an "after" picture.

1 comment:

  1. Ahh...the storage facility...we now have one, too:) I thought I got rid of a bunch of stuff before we moved, but it turns out I still need to do some purging!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin