Thursday, March 1, 2012

2012 Goals: Monthly Checkup

It's that time again - time to check up on my goals for the year.  Some good, some bad, some in between.

Have a More Welcoming Home
This continues to be a struggle.  Between being a wife, Mama, homeschool teacher, online math teacher, housekeeper, checkbook-balancer, and chief cook and bottle washer, there never seems to be enough time in the day.  I've got some ideas brewing on how to adjust this, but nothing concrete just yet.

Improve My Health and Well-Being
I sort of fell off of the WW wagon the last few weeks, but I haven't given up.  I just need to find my mojo again on that.  Trouble is, getting ice cream with the kids is just so much more fun....

Continue to Improve in Homeschooling
There's still lots of room for improvement here, but the planning is going better.  I now put two weeks worth of assignments in a notebook for Nathan, and he loves being able to see what needs to be done each day and check it off as we finish.  We also started Singapore Math a couple of weeks ago, and we both really like it so far.  I've been a bit bewildered by what Horizons didn't seem to teach him last "year," but I've no doubt he'll get caught up very soon.  Meanwhile, his reading skills seem to be growing by leaps and bounds which is thrilling to see.  I'm still searching for the right phonics/spelling/literature curriculum for next year, so suggestions are appreciated.

Kaplan
Things at Kaplan are going well.  I've been assigned two sections of my current course for next term, so I'm hoping to continue some new procedures that are helping me.  With final projects coming in, the next couple of weeks will be more challenging.

Personal Growth
My reading has slowed a little, but still progressing.  I'm also in the middle of two Bible studies that I enjoy.  New friendships are continuing to develop.  The blogging has also slowed down for a variety of reasons, but I have a list of posts I'm hoping to write in the coming weeks including Perms: A Cautionary Tale, Couch: Symbol of a Marriage, I Married Mr. Darcy, and a continuation of the Dear Younger Me saga (it's about to get good!).  Any special requests?  Anyone?  Bueller?

So that's the state of this Mama.  Still moving forward, albeit at a slow pace.  How are your goals coming along? 



This post is linked up to one or more of the following blog parties.  Check them out! Monday: Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie Wednesday: Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family Friday: 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, Company Girl Coffee at Home Sanctuary Other days: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin