Saturday, March 23, 2013

Posts Worth Reading


This past week, I have read 3 blog posts that have just been particularly amazing.  The first two have been making the rounds on Facebook, so you may have already seen them, but just in case:

25 Things Our Sons Need to Know About Manhood
Really, you can just never go wrong with reading something by Ann Voskamp, but I thought this was particularly good.

Raising Daughters in a World that Devalues Them: 7 Things We Must Tell Them
If you have a daughter, know a daughter, are a daughter ... read this.

This one hasn't made the rounds, but I don't know why.  I think it's awesome.  It expressed how I feel (and how I want to feel) in my soon-to-be-the-big-4-0 body.
On Showing Your Waist Grace
I wanted to jump and shout ... and buy clothes that actually fit instead of waiting for the ones in my closet to fit again.  It doesn't mean I'm giving up.  It just means I want to feel better about myself TODAY.

And this...  I read it a couple of months ago, and it has stuck with me.
Women of Valor ... Pinterest Aside
I really should read this at least once a week.  This gave me a whole new, freeing, perspective on that woman with whom I have a love/hate relationship - the Proverbs 31 woman.

Happy Reading!




 This post may be linked up to one or more of the following blog parties.  Check them out! Monday: Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie Wednesday: Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family Friday: 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, Company Girl Coffee at Home Sanctuary, Pieces of Amy Other days: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin