Thursday, January 12, 2012

Provençale Chicken Supper


This really hits the spot on a cold winter's night.  Plus, since it cooks most of the day in the crock pot, it's super-easy, too!  I think the next time I make this, I'll bake some cornbread to go with it.  Yum-O!

Provençale Chicken Supper
4 servings
WW Plus Points: 7 per serving (!!)

4 (6-ounce) skinned, bone-in chicken breast halves
2 teaspoons dried basil
1/4 teaspoon salt, divided
1/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
1 cup diced yellow bell pepper (I used green since it is much less expensive.)
1 (16-ounce) can navy beans, rinsed and drained
1 (14 1/2 ounce) can pasta-style chunky tomatoes, undrained (I couldn't find these so I used Italian style.)

Place chicken in crock pot; sprinkle with dried basil, 1/8 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon black pepper.  Combine remaining salt, remaining pepper, bell pepper, beans, and tomatoes in a bowl; stir well.  Spoon over the chicken.  Cover and cook on HIGH for 1 hour.  Reduce to LOW and cook 5 hours (or more).

This recipe came from the Southern Living Ultimate Quick & Easy Cookbook.


No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin