Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Shrimp and Tortellini

Believe it or not, this was a hit with both my son and my husband!

Recipe works best with a lovely assistant.

Shrimp and Tortellini
4 servings
WW points plus: 10 per serving

1 (9-ounce) package refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
3/4 pound peeled, medium-sized fresh shrimp (I used the frozen ones that are already cooked, deveined, with tail off.)
1 shallot, minced (I just used half of a regular onion.)
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
1/3 cup butter or margarine, melted (I used 1/8 cup to get 10 WW points.)
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Cook tortellini according to package directions; drain.

Meanwhile, cook shrimp, shallot, and chopped basil in butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, 5 minutes or just until shrimp turn pink.

Add tortellini and Parmesan cheese; toss gently.  (Lesson I learned: timing is crucial.  This is best if the pasta, shrimp, and cheese are combined right before it is served.  Otherwise, it gets a little gummy.)

Like many of my favorite recipes, this one comes from Southern Living Ultimate Quick & Easy Cookbook.

2 comments:

  1. Well, I'd better not touch that shrimp, but I would LOVE to have your pretty little assistant. I'm impressed with the way you are expanding the tastebuds of your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Mom! I bet you could make it with scallops instead of shrimp since they're pretty similar in taste and texture.

      Delete

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin