Monday, April 30, 2012

God's Answer to My Prayer for Wisdom

My baby boy just turned 6.


Sigh.


How did that happen?  I'm afraid to blink or sleep because I know I'm going to wake up and he will be 12 ... and then 18 ... and then out of the house.

Sigh.

I love him more than I thought it was possible to love someone.  I have a love tank that belongs to him alone.  And when it leaks, he fills it right back up with his great hugs.

A couple of days ago I wrote a post expressing my frustration at not knowing how to parent my children's hearts instead of just their behavior.  At the end, I wrote a heartfelt prayer for wisdom.  God began answering that prayer just a couple of hours later.

Later the same day (after I wrote the other post), I had two conversations with Nathan.  They weren't unusual conversations, but somehow (I believe it was God's answer to my prayer) I saw him more clearly than I ever had before.  The Lord pinpointed some specific heart issues that I needed to address, and I began the very next day.  (This will be an ongoing process.)  These are issues that I also struggle with personally, so it was an important reminder for me as well.

Now obviously God is the only one Who can truly change either of our hearts, but I do believe I play a role in that as his mother.  I pray that God will continue to show me how to reach Nathan's heart (and his sister, Megan's, as well) and that I will respond accordingly.

Thank You, Lord, for answering my prayer!

Has the Lord shown you specific heart issues in your own children (or in yourself), and how have you responded?






 This post may be linked up to one or more of the following blog parties.  Check them out! Monday: Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie Wednesday: Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family Friday: 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, Company Girl Coffee at Home Sanctuary, Pieces of Amy Other days: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

1 comment:

  1. It does my heart so much good to read of your deep, deep love for your son. Indeed, he is a special child. Boys and their moms -- hard to describe but great to experience.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin