Friday, October 12, 2012

October 12, 1996: The Day That Changed Everything

16 years ago today, a friend of mine named David came to Atlanta, and we spent the day at Six Flags.

16 years ago tonight, he headed back to Auburn, but he didn't get very far.

16 years ago tonight, a helicopter landed on the interstate to rescue my friend.

16 years ago, my friend became my hero.  7 months later, my friend became my fiance.  14 1/2 months later, my friend became my husband.

16 years later, he's still my hero, my husband, and my friend.



This post may be linked up to one or more of the following blog parties.  Check them out! Monday: Menu Plan Monday on I'm an Organizing Junkie Wednesday: Works for Me Wednesday at We are THAT Family Friday: 5 Minute Friday at The Gypsy Mama, Company Girl Coffee at Home Sanctuary, Pieces of Amy Other days: A Wise Woman Builds Her Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?

Blog Widget by LinkWithin